OETH is initially governed by a 5 of 8 multi-sig wallet with a plan to transfer ownership to OGV stakers. While most of OETH’s contracts are upgradeable, they are subject to a timelock that prevents changes from taking effect without advance notice. Learn more >
The OUSD smart contracts are governed entirely by OGV stakers. Proposals can be submitted by anyone with 10,000,000 or more veOGV. A minimum of 20% of the veOGV supply is required to reach quorum. There is no minimum to vote on existing proposals. All passing proposals are subject to the 48 hour timelock before being executed.
Time-delayed admin actions give users a chance to exit OUSD if any malicious proposals are passed or the protocol is changing in a way that users do not like.
Some functionality, such as rebalancing funds between strategies or pausing deposits, can be triggered without the timelock and with far fewer signers. This allows the Origin team to react more quickly to market conditions or security threats. These signers, known as Strategists, have the ability to execute a limited number of functions with only 2 of 8 signers.
The strategist multisig can do the following actions on the vault:
- reallocate - move funds between strategies
- setVaultBuffer - adjust the amount of funds held outside strategies for cheaper redeems.
- setAssetDefaultStrategy - which strategy mints and redeems pull from for a particular strategy
- withdrawAllFromStrategy - remove funds from a single strategy and send them to the vault
- withdrawAllFromStrategies - remove funds from all active strategies and send them to the vault
- pauseRebase - pause all rebases
- pauseCapital - pause all mints and redeems
- unpauseCapital - allow all mints and redeems